Monday 22 October 2012


Random thoughts:

*

When you are travelling somewhere and there are certain flavours that will stay in your head forever.

I will never forget sweet and salty soda with lemon (or lemonade, that’s how they call it) that I had in India. I would try to make it here but I’m not sure whether it would taste the same or totally different.

(sweet and salty)

*

Because there are so many tourists in India you may find different types of dishes that you will be served.

In some of the restaurants you may find: European breakfast (omlette, sausages and mushrooms all of them with Indian spices), Israeli breakfast (only in Hampi, very tasty!), Russian breakfast (in Goa). At the beginning I couldn’t understand why they would give so many options to a tourists who are obviously fascinated with Indian cuisine BUT as soon as my trip exceeded two weeks I couldn’t look at another curry. So I understood.

(Israeli breakfast)

(oh, and another thing. Coffee sucks! Agnieszka tried several restaurants and coffee places and I don’t remember her being satisfied with any of themJ )

*

Its worth to mention Indian McDonalds. Instead of Cheeseburger you will find Chicken Maharaja and our dear McChicken transform to McSpicy Chicken (and its really spicy!).  

*

Salads in India.
If you are salad lover (like me!)… be careful.  They cost the same as chicken curry and there is nothing else than few slices of carrot, loads of copped onion (?!) , cucumber with pepper on top and sliced tomato. No lettuce, no pepper, no olives, no herbs …


*

If you are planning to buy some souvenirs the best place for that would be Goa. No taxes and many shops along the “high street”. For example, Agnieszka bought an amazing dress for as little as 60 rupees ( 1GBP = 85rupees ). In comparison, similar dress in Trivandrum cost around 150-250 rupees.  If you plan to buy some scarfs prices are 100 rupees and more --> Depends how good in bargaining you are. I wasn't :) 


Shopping centre in Hampi.


Clothes for tourists, baggy trousers, scarfs, bags, tops... <3


No comments:

Post a Comment